The Sleep Research Society Foundation has partnered with the AASM Foundation to offer an exciting opportunity for Sleep Research Society members!
The annual Young Investigators Research Forum is aimed at providing guidance, tactics, and strategies to better position young investigators for a successful career in sleep and circadian research that is now open to SRS members. The SRSF will provide scholarships for up to five SRS members to attend this research forum.
Aspects of Being a Good Scientist
- Learn how to build a successful career in sleep research
- Network with established sleep investigators and young investigators
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Learn about various sleep research funding mechanisms available at the NIH
- Further develop specific aims for a grant proposal
Grant Review and Academic Environment
- Participate in a mock grant review study section
- Obtain newfound knowledge on the academic research environment
Who should apply?
- Residents, clinical fellows, postdoctoral fellows, and junior faculty at U.S.-based institutions
- Actively engaged and planning to continue a career in sleep and circadian research
- Have an advanced degree (MD, DO, PhD or equivalent)
Travel and lodging expenses for accepted applicants will be paid for by the Sleep Research Society Foundation.
Application Submission Due Date: November 30, 2018