We’re looking for someone to join our team as a part-time Membership Specialist, in support of the Sleep Research Society (SRS). The SRS is a specialty society managed by the AASM, dedicated to the growth and development in the sleep and circadian research field. You will apply your knowledge of sleep or circadian science to improve SRS member recruitment, retention, and benefits.
The ideal candidate will be able to understand and anticipate the needs of our members. This is a perfect opportunity for sleep professionals either seeking some experience in the field or looking for a new way to contribute to the field from a different perspective – from the eyes of an SRS member. This position will require no more than 20 hours/week and is fully remote.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend relevant committee calls.
- Ensure member benefits provide high value to sleep and circadian researchers. Evaluate existing benefits and make recommendations to staff to promote higher utilization or to remove from offerings.
- Work with committee members and staff in the development of new member benefits specific to sleep and circadian researchers.
- Develop, implement, and analyze surveys on membership issues.
- Review the new member orientation email journey from a member perspective and give input to staff regarding content and timing of those emails with recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate preparation of educational and informational materials for presentation to the membership in newsletters, press releases and on the website with staff.
- Assist in administering relevant award programs of the Society and Foundation, including promoting Requests for Application, and managing applications.
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of society member benefits from a researcher perspective.
- Contribute to the annual membership recruitment campaigns in collaboration with the Membership Committee and Marketing department.
- Create spreadsheets and summaries necessary to track and report on membership status.
- Recommend updates to the society’s website on a regular basis.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel may be required for remote candidates to attend board meetings and society sponsored events.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated progress towards an advanced degree related to sleep and/or circadian science
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Solid interpersonal acuity
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while interacting professionally with staff and society members with minimal supervision
- Strong written communication skills with an ability to write reports and business correspondence with clarity and precision
- Committee experience
- Experience with social media