The University of South Florida (USF) School of Aging Studies is soliciting applications for a postdoctoral researcher in the area of Sleep Health Across Adulthood. We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to study how sleep issues are associated with diverse health outcomes (e.g., cardiovascular health, cognitive functioning) across adulthood.
This research project is supported by a grant from the National Institute on Aging to Dr. Soomi Lee (PI) at USF. The postdoc will primarily work with Dr. Soomi Lee on the role of sleep in cardiovascular and cognitive health in middle and late adulthood. This research involves multidisciplinary and multi-institution collaborations; the postdoc will also have the opportunity to work with Drs. Ross Andel and Tammy Allen at USF, Drs. Orfeu Buxton and David Almeida at Penn State, and Drs. Meredith Wallace and Sanjay Patel at the University of Pittsburgh.
The appointment is for one year with the possibility of a renewal with a start of November
- The annual salary is based on the NIH standard. This appointment consists of stipends, health insurance, and a travel allowance. During global pandemic, the postdoc will work remotely (thus no need to move physically) by regularly communicating with the investigators via web conference calls.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. at the time the appointment begins.
- Applicants must have been awarded a doctoral degree by the time they begin from an accredited institution and appropriate experience and training within a selected area of specialization. Applicants must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Applicants should be able to work remotely during global pandemic.
Additional Ideal Qualifications:
- Holds a Ph.D. in gerontology, human development, psychology, public health, or other related fields
- Has a high research interest in sleep health across adulthood
- Has strong methodological and statistical skills with the ability to use latent class/profile analysis, cluster analysis, and/or machine learning methods
- Has previous experience of working in a team
To apply, submit the following application documents in one pdf file to: [email protected]
- A cover letter (about 2 pages) describing your interest in and potential approach to investigating the role of sleep in adult health, as well as your career goals
- Curriculum vitae
- Reprints of two of your peer-reviewed publications
- Two letters of recommendation emailed directly by the referees
Applications due by: October 20, 2020
Address questions to Dr. Soomi Lee at [email protected].