PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of research assistant functions in support of behavioral/psychology/ psychiatric research efforts, to include survey and intervention research. This work includes conducting literature reviews and providing written summaries based on the literature, constructing and managing databases, conducting surveys/interviews of research subjects, establishing collaborations with other investigators, setting up and executing data collections in field environments, and providing technical assistance in database management and statistical analyses. This work also includes a thorough knowledge of actigraph technology for data collection and interpretation.
Responsible for data collection, analysis, and interpretation of operational field research study data.
Assist in preparing reports and briefs of findings for national/ international meetings and senior military leaders.
Assist in manuscript preparation for peer reviewed journals.
Must be able to travel periodically to conduct field data collections or to attend scientific meetings.
Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
Edit research protocol and prepare submission files in coordination with Principal Investigators, Clinical Research Coordinators, and Health Science Administrator.
Assist in developing and maintaining research protocol files throughout the life of protocol.
Coordinating all aspects of field study logistics and on the ground activities at data collection site.
Develop and test survey templates in Remark or equivalent system.
Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
Percent Travel: 15%
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
Must have a Bachelor's degree in psychology, public health or a related field.
Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting.
Must have at least one-year full time work experience in behavioral or psychology research.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident is required.
Must have excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex scientific procedures and techniques relating to position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Knowledge of analysis/statistical programs such as SPSS and a background in polysomnography is a plus.
Physical Capabilities: work may involve long periods of standing, interacting with research volunteers, and handling of chemicals and/or hazardous biological material.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, public health or a related field.
2. Must have excellent English / writing and interpersonal skills, must be proficient in Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and analysis/ statistics programs such as SPSS and R.
3. Must have at least one year full time work experience in behavioral or psychology research. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident is required.
4. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
5. Physical capabilities: work may involve long periods of standing.
6. Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
The employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.