SRS Leadership Election
Online balloting will open Monday, March 23, 2020 and close Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 11:59 PM CT.
2020 Leadership Election
In January 2020, the SRS sent a call to all eligible members requesting nominations for the positions of Director-at-Large. The Nominations Committee evaluated the credentials of the candidates that responded to the call and recommended a slate of candidates, which was approved by the Board of Directors.
The candidates on the 2020 ballot have the following characteristics:
- Is a strategic, diverse, and creative thinker
- Has demonstrated wisdom
- A perceived leader or potential leader
- Effective communicator, willing to collaborate and compromise, not overly dogmatic
- Is committed to the Society and its mission, has time to commit to their role on the Board, and is responsive and timely
- Knowledgeable about the society and the field, broadly speaking; willing to learn, where knowledge gaps exist
- Is engaged in sleep and/or circadian research and/or training and is committed to the advancement of the field as a whole
- Willing to understand the legal responsibilities of the board and society
Biographical information summarizing the qualifications and professional background of each candidate is available below:
Director-at-Large Candidates – Two positions available
- Ravi Allada, MD
- Elda Arrigoni, PhD
- Ritchie Brown, Dr. Rer. Nat.
- Marcos Frank, PhD
- Sariam Parthasarthy, MD
- John Peever, PhD
- David Raizen, MD, PhD
2020 Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation Changes
The SRS Board of Directors regularly reviews the activities of the society and discusses potential changes to the organization. At the November 2019 board meeting, the Board decided to modify, add and remove various articles. The majority of these changes reflect current best practices. The bylaws and articles of incorporation require an amendment in order for this action to go into effect. Posted to the SRS Website is a copy of the current and proposed bylaws. Below is a copy of the current and proposed bylaws as well as a summary of the revisions proposed and approved by the SRS Board of Directors.
- Current Bylaws with Changes
- Summary of Bylaws Changes
- Current Articles of Incorporation with Changes
- Summary of Articles of Incorporation Changes
An email with voting instructions will be sent on March 23, 2020, to all eligible voting members. If you are an eligible voting member and did not receive an email ballot, please email [email protected].