SRS Leadership Election
Online balloting will open Monday, March 25, 2019 and close Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 11:59 PM CT.
2019 Leadership Election
In January 2019, the SRS sent a call to all eligible members requesting nominations for the positions of President-Elect and Director-at-Large. The Nominations Committee evaluated the credentials of the candidates that responded to the call and recommended a slate of candidates, which was approved by the Board of Directors.
The candidates on the 2019 ballot have the following characteristics:
- Is a strategic, diverse, and creative thinker
- Has demonstrated wisdom
- A perceived leader or potential leader
- Effective communicator, willing to collaborate and compromise, not overly dogmatic
- Is committed to the Society and its mission, has time to commit to their role on the Board, and is responsive and timely
- Knowledgeable about the society and the field, broadly speaking; willing to learn, where knowledge gaps exist
- Is engaged in sleep and/or circadian research and/or training and is committed to the advancement of the field as a whole
- Willing to understand the legal responsibilities of the board and society
Biographical information summarizing the qualifications and professional background of each candidate is available below:
President-Elect Candidates – One position available
Director-at-Large Candidates – Three positions available
- Stephanie J. Crowley, PhD
- Philip Gehrman, PhD
- Heinrich Gompf, PhD
- Martica Hall, PhD
- Frank A.J.L. Scheer, PhD
- Amy R. Wolfson, PhD
An email with voting instructions will be sent on March 25, 2019, to all eligible voting members. If you are an eligible voting member and did not receive an email ballot, please email [email protected].