Dr. Allan Pack begins term as SRS President
Sleep Research Society
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
The Sleep Research Society would like to introduce the incoming President, Dr. Allan Pack. Dr. Pack began his term at the conclusion of SLEEP 2014 in early June.
Allan I. Pack, M.B.Ch.B., Ph.D. is a Professor of Medicine at Penn's Perelman School of Medicine. According to his biography on the Penn website, Dr. Pack is pursuing research on genetics/genomics of sleep and its disorders, including studies in Drosophila and mice and how these findings may affect humans.
Along with Dr. Pack, the following elected officers and directors began their terms in early June.
- President-Elect: Sean Drummond, PhD
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jennifer Martin, PhD
- Directors-at-Large: Carol Everson, PhD; Hans Van Dongen, PhD; & Andrew Krystal, PhD
- Section Head - Basic Sleep Research: Jonathan Wisor, PhD
- Section Head - Sleep Disorders Research: Robert Thomas, MD
- Section Head - Sleep & Behavior Research: Wendy Troxell, PhD
- Section Head - Circadian Rhythms Research: Frank Scheer, PhD